Thursday, April 30, 2009

My New Addiction...


Ok, so I've always loved to burn the edges of my pics to draw attention to the subject of my photo. Lately, though, with spring upon us I've really been drawn to making my photos really light and airy. So...instead of burning my edges, I've started to dodge the edges and it seems to really give a dreamy, light aspect to the photos! This dodge technique doen't have to be really noticeable, just slight and it does so much!!! So, try it out and give those spring pics some dreaminess and maybe even a little whimsy!!!

~Sarah~

2 comments:

  1. That's just gorgeous! Do you have actions that make the photos more "pastelish" or "turquoish." I suspect those are really words, but I hope you know what I mean! :-)
    ~Abby Lanes

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do have pastel collision. I tend to use Orange Sunshine and Peach Stealing Monkey a lot. The both tend to add a slight wash to the pics. I usually experiment with several at a time. I may need to work on a pastelish action. For a more 'turqoish' look, try Buddy Holly, it does a great turqois look to greens in a photo.

    ~Sarah~

    ReplyDelete